Tuesday 4 May 2010

Of Humidity, Honeysuckle, Dylan and Crossing State Lines.



It's humid as hell here, I feel like I should be in India with all this heat and sticky humidity. However, it's difficult to be truly annoyed with the summer weather when the air is thick with the scent of fresh blooming honeysuckle. My love/ hate relationship with summer in the South lives on. 

I've been listening to Dylan almost constantly lately. He seems to fit my varying mood down to each word. 
I've never thought much about how many times I cross the NC/SC state line every week. For some reason, its been bothering me lately. It's almost like a tease. I'm leaving North Carolina, but not really because it's no where new or exciting. I feel like I'm spending tons of money on petrol and wearing my car down simply for traveling to a 9-5 style job. Yes, I enjoy my job but it feels stale. A large part of me just wants to quit everything and go live in the woods as a genuine hobo. 


Perfect Summer mix: Bob Dylan, Joe Purdy, Jakob Dylan, Patty Griffin, Dan Craig, Aaron Espe and Jeffrey Foucault

2 comments:

Smells Like Apples said...

That sounds like an amazing summer mix. Plus, honeysuckle!

There's something about a routine that isn't exactly what you want to do with your life that gets old before you wish it would. Or something.

On the bright side, you'd probably be a good hobo.

Jessi Nicole said...

Thanks. I think I would enjoy being hobo, at least for awhile.